As the Norwegian Police University College provides a college education, a Certificate of General Secondary Education is a precondition for entrance.
Applicants must already possess a Certificate of General Secondary Education before the deadline for applications: 1 March. The Norwegian Police University College will also consider applicants who apply for admission on the basis of realkompetanse – i.e. all formal, non-formal and informal learning acquired by adults.
In addition to meeting the standard requirement for a Certificate of General Secondary Education, applicants must also fulfil a number of special entrance requirements:
- Be at least 20 years of age (or turn 20) during the year in which they apply for admission
- Hold Norwegian citizenship at the time they apply for admission
- Have achieved at least the mark of 3 in the first-choice form of Norwegian at an upper secondary school (average of coursework and examination score)
- Have a valid Class B driving licence at the time of application
- Be in good general health, including meeting the applicable standards for sight and hearing, and meet all the medical requirements for acceptance, as well as the medical requirements for a Class D driving licence
- Have a clean criminal record
- Be in generally good physical condition, be a good swimmer and pass the physical tests
- Be considered personally suitable for acceptance onto the course through evaluation by an admissions panel
Last updated: |