As the Norwegian Police University College provides a college education, a Certificate of General Secondary Education («generell studiekompetanse») is a precondition for entrance.
Applicants must possess a Certificate of General Secondary Education by March 1st, the deadline for applications. The Norwegian Police University College will also consider applicants who apply for admission on the basis of realkompetanse – i.e. all formal, non-formal and informal learning acquired by adults.
In addition to meeting the standard requirement for a Certificate of General Secondary Education, applicants must also fulfil a number of special entrance requirements:
- Hold Norwegian citizenship by March 1st, the application deadline
- Have achieved at least the mark of 3 in the first-choice form of Norwegian at an upper secondary school level (average of coursework and examination score) by March 1st, the application deadline
- Have a valid Class B driver's license by no later than August 1st the year before applying for admission, i.e. by August 1st 2019 if one applies in 2020
- Be in good general health, including meeting the applicable standards for sight and hearing, and meet all the medical requirements for acceptance, as well as the medical requirements for a Class D driver's license
- Have a clean criminal record
- Be in generally good physical condition, be a good swimmer and pass the physical tests
- Be considered suitable for acceptance through evaluation by an admissions panel
Last updated: |