Terrorism, prevention strategies, youth crime, racially motivated violence, gangs, police science in general.
- Director of Center for Research on Extremism: The Far Right, Hate Crime and Political Violence (C-REX) at the University of Oslo from February 2017
- Employed as a professor at the Norwegian Police University College as from the middle of 2004, Research Director at The Norwegian Police University College from January 2005 through June 2007. Adjunct professor from February 2016.
- Scientific assistant/researcher/senior researcher at the Norwegian Institute of International Affairs (NUPI), 1983–2004 (adjunct position from 2004 until end of 2015)
- Advanced studies in political science leading to the Cand. Polit. degree from the University of Oslo (1987). (Major in social anthropology)
- Ph.D. in social science from the University of Leiden (1997)
Teaching and supervision
- Teaching prevention of crime, violent radicalisation and terrorism at the Master in Police Science at the Norwegian Police University College
- Main competence in terrorism, extremism and prevention, but also in the fields of youth crime, gangs, crisis management, prevention strategies, etc.
- Right-wing extremism and hate crime
- Vigilante movements
- Threats against politicians
- Preventing Crime: A Holistic Approach
- Strategies for the prevention of terrorism and violent extremism
- Recruiting, training and career development in the police force: a Nordic comparative and longitudinal study
Last updated: |